Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Baby's Changing Pad

To go along with the library bag I made in a previous post, I decided to customize a changing/lap pad for my friend as well. This is what I did:

I purchased a mattress pee pad, 30" x 34", and 1 yard of a cute kid's cotton material.

Lay the material down with wrong side up. Place the pad on top (eyeballing the straightness of the design). The pad has an "up" side (cloth side) and a "down" side (plastic side). Make sure the "up" side is to the wrong side of the fabric. Pin and trim around the pad.




To attach, I decided to go with the flow. Since the mattress pad had a serged edge, I decided it would be fine to do the same. Choosing a compatible color (dark blue in this case), I stitched around the edge with the appropriate setting on my sewing machine.



All done! Simple idea but much cuter than just plain white!

No comments:

Post a Comment