Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Baby's Library Bag

A friend of mine will soon be having {HAD} a fine baby boy! In her eighth month, I attended her delightful baby shower. And of course, I felt compelled to “last minute” create-a-gift (sooo not like me…yeah right). In the course of conversations, we both expressed our belief of reading…books, books, and more books were desired! I told her I could supply her library quite well just by going in my basement! My child is now 20 years old and my friend is just beginning!


So to encourage the love of reading, this bag was created for those many trips to the library or bookstores! I found an owl-themed fabric by Debbie Mum at Joann’s Fabric store which worked out perfectly. The other fabrics were found in my stash and seem to work in the primary color theme nicely. I added a couple inside pockets for keys or cell phone or pacifier!
I followed the pattern for this bag based on Jodi Nelson's Hushabye Tote Bag via Moda Bake Shop . Link to it directly here. It worked out okay....but I need to make some changes if used again. I DO love her directions on how to do the handles! My favorite part of the bag.
Just look at that cute owl fabric! This is one of the bag fronts sewn together.
Last, she shared a cell phone pic of her tummy and the bag. He was a big one: 9lbs 11oz! Welcome to the World baby boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment