Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

{Friendship Friday} An Acrostic Poem

I like to go "where everybody knows your name" sometimes (yep, you are so humming it in your head aren't you? hehe.) That somewhere for me is Primrose & Tumbleweeds --a local Wine, Beverage & Food Bar. On Friday & Saturday nights, they have live music; however, during these Winter months they've suspended that schedule and implemented other social activities until the music resumes.

Recently, they had an Open Mic Poetry & Poem reading night. I'm not a writer. I suck at taking notes, I'm not a journal-er (which is why this blog has been difficult for me to launch and is so bare lol), and my scrapbooking...well, let's just say the books are there and all the goodies too but sooo not put together. But I appreciate all those things....so I gave writing a poem a try....amateur at work here, beware. :) For my friends at P&T.

Hint: An acrostic poem is a cryptographic form in which the initial letter of each line spells out a word, often the subject of the poem or the name of the person to whom the poem is dedicated.

Ode to Grape-ness

Winter, Summer, Spring or Fall;
In times of need or for no reason at all.
No other place supplies such bounty;
Erupting from the earth sweet pearls of the county.

Ah...the complexity echoing from the spill--
To cure, soothe, or mask like a pain pill.

Prepare your full-bodied senses!
Refuse not what dispenses!
Imbibe of varieties red, white and rose'...
Merlot, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet.
Raise your glass (and by all means your nose)
Oenophiles (or neophites, we can't ALL be pros).
Selections await, from door to door are rows & rows;
Empty your glass then ask for more..._______.

No comments:

Post a Comment