Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

{Friendship Friday} Grandmother

My first post on a Connection chain for you. For myself, I have created these stipulations: 1) must include at least one web link to something, and 2) must include a real human being. That's it on rules for now! lol Maybe I will get more creative on future Friday posts.

* I was looking for a unique container to use for an auction donation to the Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp Speakeasy Gala in a second hand store. (Rare for me btw...not my usual M.O.)


+Link over+
* Although I did not find one...I became distracted by the book section and discovered an ideals magazine. Anyone know about these? Here's a brief description:


Ideals Magazine has ceased publication. Ideals enriched life with inspiring stories, beautiful poetry, and touching reader contributions. Each issue of Ideals Magazine offered page after page of spectacular full-color photographs, wonderful drawings and paintings, as well as heartwarming scenes of seasonal celebration. Ideals is published in 6 seasonal issues: Easter, Mother's Day, Country, Friendship, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Did you notice in the "seasons" that there is a Friendship one? That's one I found. :)
+Link over+
* I bought it! Why? Sentimental I suppose...my Grandmother (paternal) had a subscription to these. When visiting her, I loved looking at the pictures and reading the poetry, etc. Just simple and heartwarming as the description says, even reading as a young child.

Although Grandmother is no longer here, the Connection with her is not broken. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Awwh...that is a sweet reminder of that which is in print always contains the powerful potential to affect each of us!

    ReplyDelete