Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

{Muster Mondays} Dairy Free

Well, this is good timing for my New Blogging adventure--I must go "dairy-free" as well as avoid wheat, gluten, and eggs.
Hmm....sounds very similar to Vegan. But I will add a splash of meat so don't get too excited there ;).

My dilemma will be those "grab something quick" or "I don't feel like cooking" modes. You know, t-i-m-e. And I've had 40 years to hone my OtHeR way of thinking, ack ack.

So I'm heading it off at the pass! (yeah, we'll see)
I've made a semi-menu list for Monday - Wednesday (work outside-of-home) days.

Breakfast Smoothies sound like a doable part of the plan - like this one I found on my Whole Foods app.


Get Over It Green Protein Shake

2 cups organic chopped fresh greens such as spinach or kale, thick stems removed
1 mango, peeled and cubed
1 cup original or unsweetened ricemilk
1 banana
3 tablespoons WF Organic Vanilla Soy Protein Powder

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

I'll use this as a guide for my mornings. Had my first one this morning, SPINACH and all...it was delicious!

Well that's it for now....If you have a fave dairy-free "smoothie" that you want to share with me, please do! (in the comment section you know :) ).



2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I need to add this to my diet. Probably would do my boy good too. For some reason since my daughter left, I've gotten lazy about eating fruits and veggies, so maybe I'll kick start it with healthy smoothies.

    Sister Sue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really does sound delightful! Gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete